Friday, July 2, 2010

Finch’s Corned Beef 07 02 2010

Local Business Review Milwaukee, Finch’s Corned Beef 07 02 2010




I happened to walk by this restaurant while doing business today. Being Irish I was very intrigued by the sign that read Finch’s Corned Beef. I almost didn’t go in because corned beef seemed too greasy a meal for my stomach today, but the sandwich I purchased wasn’t too greasy at all. The restaurant is located on 222 W. Wells Street; I had never seen it before.


 I said to the man at the counter, “How long have you been here?”

He said, “About three months.”

I said, “It looks like you have been here longer, I mean, the store fits right in here.”

There were three types of corned beef sandwiches on the menu and I had trouble deciding so I went with the sandwich with the same name that was on the door, “Finch’s Corned Beef”. It was prepared with marble rye choice of American or Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and choice of either Grey Poupon bistro sauce or extra strong Dijon mustard with white wine. There were other good looking items on the menu too, but a good corned beef is always worth a try. The sandwich was delicious and hit the spot for this Irishman. The view from the window seats look out to Wells Street and the Hotel Wisconsin. The bathroom was clean and had a potpourri basket. The place had a nice modern lounge type appeal. There were a few tables and about four window bar seats where I sat. I didn’t have the French Fries, but the ones I saw served on plate of the man to my right were large cut and looked done to just the right degree.

I will definitely go here again and when I find something as good as this I always hope that the food is always as good next time, because I don’t want to have reason not to eat there I like it so much.




God Bless Good Cooking


Thomas Paul Murphy

Copyright 2010 Thomas Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment